With the support of dedicated teams, a Tourist Office Manager is responsible for promoting the heritage of the region by centralising tourist information. Their role is to disseminate this information by developing specific products and other support material, and by using all forms of traditional and digital communication, working in consultation with the region’s stakeholders.
SIMILAR JOB TITLES/JOBS
Visitor Information Centre Manager, Tourist Information Centre Manager.
- They organise communication campaigns and events to promote the region.
- They greet and advise tourists, and bring together local stakeholders.
- They produce brochures promoting the local area or region.
- They ensure that the Tourist Office’s budget is properly managed.
- They organise internal and external events.
Creativity, interpersonal skills, Excellent organisational skills, Rigour, Diplomacy, Proficiency in English.
What you need to learn/master
Team management, Project management, Oral communication, Marketing and customer experience, Understanding of the tourism industry, Knowledge of institutional stakeholders and political issues, Fluency in English.
- Level of qualification: Master Year 2 (5 years of post-High School education)
Career opportunities & progression
The post of Tourist Office Manager can serve as an excellent stepping stone for political or cultural job positions in a city or a region.