A Leisure Facility Manager operates a facility whose purpose is to allow the public to relax, do sport or have fun in a dedicated complex (e.g. thalassotherapy centre, fitness centre) or an outdoor leisure centre (e.g. horse-riding centre). They are responsible for the safe functioning of the equipment, and for ensuring that it complies with current safety standards.
SIMILAR JOB TITLES/JOBS
Director of Leisure Facilities, Director of Entertainment Facilities, Venue Manager, Leisure Centre Manager.
- They draw up and implement the HR Management strategy.
- They are responsible for the budget monitoring and administration of the organisation.
- They are responsible for defining and implementing the marketing, sales and communications strategies.
- They ensure compliance with the regulations concerning the installation of equipment and ensure the safety of the public.
- They are responsible for ensuring that the public receives a proper welcome, and that quality standards, and Health & Safety procedures are respected.
Excellent interpersonal skills, Strong organisational skills, Rigour, Diplomacy, Proficiency in English.
What you need to learn/master
Team management, Project management, Oral communication, Marketing and customer experience, Equipment safety standards, Fluency in English.
- Level of qualification: Master Year 2 (5 years of post-High School education)
Career opportunities & progression
They can progress to managing several facilities at the same time, or they can move into hotel or restaurant management.