A Sales Representative is the indispensable link between a company and its customers. The company relies on them to increase its market share and build customer loyalty. They can work in B2C (with private individuals) or in B2B (with companies). They analyse customer needs in order to offer the most suitable products or solutions. They may be office-based or alternatively they may be mobile and have to travel a lot (within the local region, throughout France or even abroad).
SIMILAR JOB TITLES/JOBS
Sales Agent, Sales Engineer, Customer Manager, Business Manager, Field Salesperson.
- They canvass for new customers (in person, by telephone, by email, etc.).
- They sell the company’s products and/or services to increase the turnover of their portfolio.
- They build customer loyalty and handle any complaints.
- They attend trade fairs.
- They report on their sales activity.
Strong interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, Sense of initiative.
What you need to learn/master
Sales techniques, E-commerce, Customer relationship management, Marketing, Customer portfolio management.
- Level of qualification: Bachelor Year 3 (3 years of post-High School education)
Career opportunities & progression
Sales Representatives are highly sought after in all sectors of activity. They can progress to Key Account Manager, Sales Manager or other marketing positions such as Market Research Manager, Product Manager, etc.