A Travel Advisor examines the needs of travellers and offers them a holiday that meets their expectations whilst respecting their budget. The job can be carried out in a Travel Agency, for a Tour Operator, in a Tourist Information Centre, or even for an airline.
SIMILAR JOB TITLES/JOBS
Travel Consultant, Travel Agent.
- They greet clients, recommend products and services, and give advice for their future travel plans in line with their requirements and budget.
- They go online to check availability and prices.
- They make reservations and process invoices for tours (flights, hotels, car rental, tailor-made trips/tours, attractions, etc.) and send the documents to their clients.
- They handle payments, customer complaints and refunds.
Listening skills, Patience, Good interpersonal skills, Rigour, Excellent organisational skills.
What you need to learn/master
Tourism marketing, Sales techniques, Customer relations, Foreign languages.
- Level of qualification: Bachelor Year 3 (3 years of post-High School education)
Career opportunities & progression
Travel Designer, Package Deal Designer, Travel Agency Manager.